How to get a prescription
If you think you may need a prescription medicine, please make an appointment with the doctor. If you have previously been given a prescription for a straightforward condition, such as hayfever, we may be able to issue a prescription after a telephone consultation.
Please ask the receptionist. Your local pharmacist should be able to give you advice for non-prescription medication.
There is a designated prescription line for ordering prescriptions. The telephone number is 01482 834 908 and is open from 9am to 1pm only. Telephone requests will not be dealt with after 1pm.
Alternatively you can order your prescription by the methods listed below:
- Deposit your repeat prescription request in the post box situated on the reception desk, this box is emptied and dealt with on a daily basis.
- By posting your request if preferred enclosing a stamped addressed envelope for return.
- Order your prescription by e-mail our prescription e-mail address is hullccg.fax-B81119@nhs.net
- You can now order your repeats online. If you do not yet have an account but would like one please contact the surgery.
Your responsibilities to us are:
- to give reasonable notice when ordering repeat prescriptions.
- Include a stamped addressed envelope for posted prescriptions.
- Do not expect a prescription every time you visit the doctor.
Your repeat prescriptions will be ready for collection at 4pm, 48 working hours after ordering i.e
- Monday – Wednesday
- Tuesday – Thursday
- Wednesday – Friday
- Friday – Tuesday