Please avoid making unnecessary visits to the practice.
Stay at home if you’re displaying symptoms such as:
- A High Temperature – This means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back.
- A New Continuous Cough – This means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you have a cough it may be worse than usual).
- It is important that you do not contact us if you have the above symptoms. In the first instance use the Coronavirus 111 service, if you do not have access to the internet then call 111 for advice.
Temporary changes to the way we run our surgeries
As of today all patients will be triaged, then if a face to face consultation is deemed necessary you will be allocated an appointment.
Results that require further action will be sent via a text message. If you wish to opt out of receiving results this way please let us know as soon as possible.
With immediate effect the practice will no longer issue paper prescriptions. You will need to nominate a pharmacy when requesting your prescription.
Stay at Home Guidance
- Criteria and guidance applied as of 17/03/2020: Incubation period = maximum 14 days.
- Day 1 is the first day of symptoms.
- The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- If you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus, then you must stay at home for 7 days.
- If anyone else in the household starts displaying symptoms, they stay at home for 7 days from when their symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14-day isolation period.
- Household members who remain well stay in self isolation for 14 days due to maximum incubation period.